Yu Tang Allegedly Recommended Unsuitable Municipal Bond
Yu Tang (CRD #: 4974432), a broker registered with Globalink Securities, allegedly made an unsuitable investment recommendation, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on May 11, 2023. Investors may have also engaged her services through TransGlobal Advisory. Read on if you have questions about her alleged conduct as a broker.
In a pending dispute filed on April 11, 2023, an investor alleged that Yu Tang gave an unsuitable recommendation of a municipal bond that did not fit the client’s conservative profile. The client seeks $130,000 in damages.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to take investors’ profiles into account when recommending investments. An investor’s profile contains information about their tax status, age, and financial goals.
Investors who rely on their broker for recommendations may be able to recoup their losses through FINRA arbitration.
Yu Tang has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
Yu Tang is a registered broker in California and Maryland. She is also a registered investment adviser in Maryland.
She has also worked for the following firms:
- Truist Advisory Services (CRD#:283390)
- Truist Investment Services (CRD#:17499)
- SunTrust Advisory Services (CRD#:283390)
- SunTrust Investment Services (CRD#:17499)
- Citigroup Global Markets (CRD#:7059)
- Citicorp Investment Services (CRD#:23988)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Yu Tang and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.