William Deichmann Allegedly Misrepresented Investment Strategy
William Deichmann (CRD #: 2829362), a broker registered with Morgan Stanley, allegedly misrepresented an investment strategy, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on April 21, 2022. If you have questions about William Deichmann’s conduct as a broker, keep reading.
Allegations of Misrepresentation
On January 18, 2022, an investor alleged that William Deichmann misrepresented the risk associated with a covered call option strategy, causing the investor to suffer unspecified damages between 2019 and 2022. This dispute was denied.
Investors should know that firms can deny disputes without any external review. Investors can still pursue FINRA arbitration after a denial and potentially recover their losses.
Call options are a risky trading strategy that will likely result in a loss for the investor.
FINRA Rule 2020
FINRA Rule 2020 forbids brokers from using deceptive, manipulative, or otherwise fraudulent methods to influence investors’ decisions. This includes the misrepresentation of any risks, benefits, or costs associated with investments.
William Deichmann has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
William Deichmann is a registered broker in 30 states and a registered investment adviser in California and Texas.
In the past he has also worked for the following firms:
- J.P. Morgan Securities (CRD#:79)
- J.P. Morgan Securities (CRD#:18718)
- JPMorgan Securities (CRD#:16999)
- Banc One Securities Corporation (CRD#:16999)
- WMA Securities (CRD#:32625)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with William Deichmann and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.