William Burks of Centaurus Financial Involved in Two Investor Disputes
William Burks (CRD #: 2944992), a broker registered with Centaurus Financial, has settled his 11th investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on September 16, 2021. Keep reading for more detail.
On July 16, 2021, an investor alleged that William Burks recommended illiquid investments. The investor sought $90,000; the dispute settled for $20,000.
On June 28, 2021, an investor alleged that William Burks over-concentrated the investor’s account in unsuitable investments. The investor is seeking $650,000; the dispute is pending.
On February 18, 2021, an investor alleged that William Burks misrepresented investments and that their investments had not performed as expected.
There is a settled dispute on William Burks’ record. On May 15, 2018, an investor alleged that William Burks misrepresented investments. The investor sought $415,000; the dispute settled for $52,750.
There are six other investor disputes on William Burks’ record from between 2010 and 2016.
William Burks Background Information
William Burks has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products/ Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 26 Investment Company Products /Variable Contracts Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in seven states and is a registered investment adviser in Texas.
William Burks has worked for the following firms:
- Centaurus Financial (CRD #: 30833)
- PFS Investments (CRD #: 10111)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with William Burks and you have concerns about your investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 877-600-0098 or email email@example.com.