Timothy Derouin Allegedly Moved Funds without Investor Consent
Timothy Derouin (CRD #: 2554447), a broker registered with Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, is the subject of an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on August 18, 2023. Details concerning the dispute are provided below.
On June 20, 2023, Timothy Derouin faced an investor dispute alleging he moved funds from his customer’s IRA to open a fixed-income annuity without consent. The investor is seeking $100,000 but the firm denied the dispute. Investors should know, however, that firms can deny disputes without any external review. Following a denial, investors may still be able to recover their funds via FINRA arbitration.
FINRA Rule 3260
FINRA Rule 2010
FINRA Rule 2010 holds brokers to high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade.
Timothy Derouin has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products / Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 26 Investment Company Products / Variable Contracts Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in 30 states and is a registered investment adviser in Iowa.
Timothy Derouin has registered with the following firms:
- Northwestern Mutual Investment Services (CRD #: 2881)
- Robert W Baird & Co. Incorporated (CRD #: 8158)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Timothy Derouin and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm that exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.