Investor Claims Tim Peyton Recommended Unsuitable Investments
Tim Peyton (CRD #: 1773817), a broker registered with Crown Capital Securities, L.P., is facing allegations of unsuitable investment recommendations. This information is from Tim Peyton’s BrokerCheck record, accessed on March 14, 2022. You can find more information below about Tim Peyton’s conduct as a broker.
Unsuitable Investment Allegations
On January 3, 2022, investors alleged that Tim Peyton made unsuitable investment recommendations involving alternative investments. He also allegedly failed to disclose the investments’ risk factors. The investors further allege that Tim Peyton failed to conduct proper due diligence and over-concentrated their investment portfolio. The investors are seeking $750,000; the dispute is pending.
What is an Unsuitable Investment?
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must examine the investor’s profile, which contains the following investor characteristics:
- Financial goals
- Risk tolerance
- Time horizon (i.e., how long the investor plans to hold the investment)
- Investing experience
- Tax status
Tim Peyton has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 - Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE - Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 - General Securities Representative Examination
Tim Peyton is currently registered as a broker in the state of Louisiana.
He has worked for the following firms:
- Crown Capital Securities, L.P. (CRD #: 6312)
- National Securities Corporation (CRD #: 7569)
- Gunnallen Financial, Inc. (CRD #: 17609)
- Continental Broker-Dealer Corp. (CRD #: 14048)
- Salomon Smith Barney Inc. (CRD #: 7059)
- Lehman Brothers Inc. (CRD #:7506)
- N. Wolf & Co., Inc. (CRD #: 13051)
- Sherwood Capital, Inc. (CRD #: 10474)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Tim Peyton and have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.