Theresa Allen Facing $300,000 Investor Dispute
Theresa Allen (CRD #: 2183693), a broker registered with RBC Capital Markets, is facing allegations that she recommended unsuitable investments. This disclosure appears in her BrokerCheck record, accessed on August 2, 2023. Details are provided below.
On April 29, 2023, investors alleged that Theresa Allen recommended unsuitable investments in First Republic Bank preferred stock. The investors are seeking $300,000.
What are Preferred Stocks?
Preferred stocks pay investors dividends, but they may be callable, meaning that issuers can redeem them after a predetermined period. Other factors can make these unsuitable investments: Preferred shares may not come with a maturity date and the issuer’s creditworthiness may affect the preferred shares’ value.
Theresa Allen has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products/ Variable Contracts Representative Examination
She is a registered broker in 26 states and D.C. She is also a registered investment advisor in California and Texas.
Theresa Allen has worked for the following firms:
- First Republic Investment Management (CRD #: 108559)
- First Republic Securities Company (CRD #: 105108)
- UnionBanc Investment Services (CRD #: 14455)
- Bisys Brokerage Services (CRD #: 23302)
- Laughlin Group Advisors (CRD #: 18272)
- Marketing One Securities (CRD #: 16611)
- Invest Financial Corporation (CRD #: 12984)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Theresa Allen and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.