Tamara Glenn Subject of a Suitability Dispute
Tamara Glenn (CRD #: 4324857), a broker registered with LPL Financial, is the subject of an investor dispute. This is according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 17, 2023.
On October 12, 2023, investors alleged that Tamara Glenn recommended unsuitable investments. The investors are seeking $50,000.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment fits their investor’s financial goals.
Some common violations of this rule include:
- Excessive trading, which violates the need for quantitative suitability. This means that the number of trades must suit an investor’s goals. Excessive trading is also known as “churning.”
- Recommendations of unsuitable investment strategies. For instance, overconcentration of securities in a certain stock or sector is typically unsuitable due to the degree of risk.
- Recommendations of high-risk or illiquid investments. These investments may lead to high fees for the investor.
Investors who rely on brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses by pursuing FINRA arbitration.
Investors should know that this is the fifth investor dispute on Tamara Glenn’s record. Three disputes have been denied, but investors should know that firms can deny disputes without any external review. Following a denial, investors may still be able to recover their funds via FINRA arbitration.
Tamara Glenn has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
She is a registered investment adviser and broker in Michigan.
Since 2016, Tamara Glenn has registered with the following firms:
- Essex National Securities (CRD #: 25454)
- Infinex Investments (CRD #: 35371)
- Fifth Third Securities (CRD #: 628)
- Securian Financial Services (CRD #: 15296)
- SPC (CRD #: 110692)
- Sigma Financial Corporation (CRD #: 14303)
- LPL Financial (CRD #: 6413)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Tamara Glenn and have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm that exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.