Stephen Marek Allegedly Engaged in Excessive Trading
Stephen Marek (CRD #: 2458841), a broker registered with Joseph Gunnar & Company, allegedly engaged in excessive trading, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 13, 2022. Keep reading to learn more about his conduct as a broker.
On August 29, 2022, an investor named Stephen Marek in allegations involving unsuitable investments and excessive trading. The client seeks $112,258.88 in this pending dispute.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must take into account an investor’s tax status, risk tolerance, and other characteristics described in their profile.
Excessive trading is quantitatively unsuitable, meaning that the total number of trades executed during a period of time is unsuitable given the client’s profile.
Investors who rely on brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses by pursuing FINRA arbitration.
Stephen Marek has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 4 – Registered Options Principal Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
Stephen Marek is a registered broker in 33 states and the District of Columbia. He is also a registered investment adviser in California, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Joseph Gunnar & Company (CRD#:24795)
- American Capital Partners (CRD#:119249)
- Milestone Financial Services (CRD#:43295)
- First Asset Management (CRD#:17341)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Stephen Marek and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.