Sonia Attkiss is Facing a Billion-Dollar Investor Dispute Involving YES
Sonia Attkiss (CRD #: 2936806), a broker registered with UBS Financial Services, is involved in an investor dispute regarding her recommendations of YES (Yield Enhancement Strategy). This is according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on April 20, 2022.
On December 21, 2021, investors alleged that Sonia Attkiss recommended an unsuitable options overlay strategy called YES. This strategy involved selling call and put options and lost money in a volatile market. Brokers should have known about these risks and warned their investors before investing. The investors are seeking to recover $1,200,000,000; the dispute is pending.
There are seven pending investor disputes alleging Sonia Attkiss misrepresented an unsuitable options overlay strategy. Earlier disputes are collectively seeking over $11 million.
- FINRA Rule 2111 prohibits investors from recommending unsuitable investments. Brokers must only recommend investing strategies that fit their customer’s risk tolerance.
- FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits misrepresentation. Brokers are not allowed to provide investors with unrealistic projections for future growth. They also should accurately represent the risk for losses.
Sonia Attkiss has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
Sonia Attkiss is registered as a broker in 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. She is also a registered investment adviser in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, and Texas.
She has worked for the following firms:
- UBS Financial Services (CRD #: 8174)
- Credit Suisse Securities (CRD #: 816)
- Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette Securities Corporation (CRD #: 7560)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Sonia Attkiss and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.