Shim Plotkin Involved in a New Suitability Dispute
Shim Plotkin (CRD #: 2431863), a broker registered with Independent Financial Group, is involved in yet another investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on August 25, 2021.
On June 23, 2021, an investor alleged that Shim Plotkin recommended unsuitable investments. Brokers should only recommend “suitable” investments, which fit their investors’ financial goals and risk tolerance.
Shim Plotkin Settled Investor Disputes
There are several other settled disputes and FINRA arbitration awards on Shim Plotkin’s record. These are the two most recent:
On June 21, 2021, an investor alleged that Shim Plotkin over-concentrated alternative investments in their portfolio. The investor sought $500,000; the dispute settled for $145,000.
On June 20, 2019, an investor alleged that Shim Plotkin was negligent, misrepresented investments, and recommended unsuitable REITs and Direct Participation Programs. The investor sought $1,000,000; the dispute settled for $250,000.
Shim Plotkin Background Information
Shim Plotkin has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products/ Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 53 Municipal Securities Principal Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in 18 states and is a registered investment adviser in D.C., Florida, Maryland, and Virginia.
Shim Plotkin has registered with the following firms:
- Independent Financial Group (CRD #: 7717)
- Plotkin Financial Advisors (CRD #: 127635)
- Pacific West Securities (CRD #: 6390)
- Cambridge Investment Research (CRD #: 39543)
- Royal Alliance Associates (CRD #: 23131)
- Sun Investment Services Company (CRD #: 5496)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Shim Plotkin and you have concerns about your investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 877-600-0098 or email email@example.com.