Sheila Chau Racks Up New Dispute Involving Variable Insurance Products
Sheila Chau (CRD #: 1299779), a broker registered with MML Investors Services, has a new disclosure on her record, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on February 14, 2022. This is not her first disclosure related to a variable insurance policy.
On December 15, 2021, an investor alleged that Sheila Chau guaranteed that premiums would never increase for a variable insurance policy. Variable insurance policies can be confusing, and often do not work in an investor’s interests. Furthermore, FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits brokers from using manipulative, deceptive, or other fraudulent devices in order to sell securities.
There are two other investor disputes on Sheila Chau’s record that mention insurance products. All three disputes were denied. Investors should know that firms can deny disputes without any third-party review. You can still recover your losses following a denial.
Sheila Chau has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products / Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 53 Municipal Securities Principal Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
- Series 26 Investment Company Products/ Variable Contracts Principal Examination
She is a registered broker and investment adviser in California.
Besides MML Investors (CRD #: 10409), Sheila Chau has worked with the following firms:
- AXA Advisors (CRD #: 6627)
- The Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States (CRD #: 4039)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Sheila Chau and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who have lost money following broker fraud or misconduct. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to restore your lost funds and get your financial future back on track.