Robert Ryan Embroiled in Unsuitability Dispute
Robert Ryan (CRD #:1950475), a broker registered with LPL Financial, is involved in an unsuitability dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on February 2, 2022. He is also an investment advisor registered with Ryan Financial.
According to the allegations filed on October 18, 2021, Robert Ryan made unsuitable investment recommendations regarding bond funds. According to the investor, the investment did not match her investment objectives, and she was incurring losses. The investor is seeking $95,000一the case is still pending.
FINRA Rule 2111 (Suitability Rule)
Poor investments may not fit FINRA’s suitability requirements. Brokers must consider the factors listed below when recommending investments to investors:
- The investor’s current financial state and tax status
- The investor’s financial goals
- The investor’s risk tolerance
According to FINRA Rule 2111, brokers may be liable for investor unsuitability claims if they fail to take the factors listed above into account and recommend investments that are not suitable. A broker must have exercised due diligence and have an adequate reason for believing that an investment will be suitable or beneficial for the investor.
To prove an unsuitability claim, you must establish that:
- A transaction took place between yourself and the broker
- You sustained damages (lost money)
- The broker was aware of your financial situation
Ensure you are not being taken advantage of by contacting the securities attorneys at Kurta Law as soon as possible if you believe you lost funds due to bad investment recommendations.
Robert Ryan has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 3 – National Commodity Futures Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
Robert Ryan is a registered broker in 27 states. He is also a registered investment advisor in Texas and Colorado.
He has also worked with the following firms:
- Cuna Brokerage Services (CRD#:13941)
- Cowles, Sabol & Company, Incorporated (CRD#:13092)
- Richey Financial Group (CRD#:17113)
- The Dreyfus Service Corporation (CRD#:231)
- Lehman Brothers (CRD#:7506)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Robert Ryan and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.