Did Rebecca Harper Recommend an Unsuitable Variable Annuity?
Rebecca Harper (CRD #: 864563), a broker formerly registered with Equitable Advisors, is involved in an investor dispute alleging she recommended an unsuitable variable annuity purchased in 2017, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on February 10, 2022.
The firm denied the case; however, investors should know that they can still recover their losses following a denial.
Variable Annuities are Risky Investments
Variable annuities come with a variety of fees, and the contracts are often too complex for investors (and brokers) to understand. The fees can negate any benefit that the variable annuity supposedly offers. This makes most variable annuities unsuitable for most investors.
Also, a financial advisor must consider the factors listed below when recommending investments to investors:
- The investor's current financial goals and tax status
- The investor's risk tolerance
Rebecca Harper has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 - Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE - Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 - General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 1 - Registered Representative Examination
Besides Equitable Advisors, Rebecca Harper has also worked with the following firms:
- MONY Securities Corporation (CRD#:4386)
- Trusted Securities Advisors Corp. (CRD#:24049)
- The Mutual Life Insurance Company Of New York (CRD#:2873)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Rebecca Harper and have concerns about your investments, don't hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.