Randyl Taber Fined and Suspended by FINRA Following an Alleged Impersonation of an Investor
Randyl Taber (CRD #: 1399854), a broker registered with Union Capital Company, is the subject of a regulatory action, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on February 17, 2022.
According to a disclosure dated December 13, 2021, Randyl Taber is the subject of a FINRA fine and suspension following allegations that he impersonated a client.
In an Acceptance, Waiver, and Consent agreement, Randyl Taber consented to the findings that he called a financial services company and asked for information about a variable annuity he previously sold to a customer. The financial services company refused to provide Randyl Taber with the information—he was not the broker of record listed on the customer’s annuity.
Later that day, Randyl Taber allegedly called the financial services company and stated that he was the customer. The representative recognized Taber’s voice and reported his impersonation to his firm. Randy Taber denied the impersonation until his firm presented him with phone records showing his calls to the financial services company.
FINRA Rule 2010 states that brokers must “observe high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade.” The AWC states that “Impersonating a customer constitutes a violation of FINRA Rule 2010.”
As part of the terms of the AWC, Randyl Taber consented to a 20-day suspension and a $5,000 fine. You can read a copy of the AWC here.
Randyl Taber has been fired twice.
On February 22, 2021, Benchmark Investments fired him following allegations that he had impersonated a client.
On May 10, 2017, Ameriprise Financial fired Randyl Taber following allegations that he had employed an unsuitable trading strategy and had repeatedly violated firm policies.
Randyl Taber has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
He is a registered investment adviser and broker in Minnesota and Iowa. He is also a registered broker in Montana.
Randyl Taber has worked for the following firms:
- Union Capital Company (CRD #: 110301)
- Benchmark Advisory Services (CRD #: 305662)
- Benchmark Investments (CRD #: 103792)
- Saxony Capital Management (CRD #: 122692)
- Saxony Securities (CRD #: 115547)
- International Assets Investment Management (CRD #: 144426)
- International Assets Advisory (CRD #: 10645)
- Ameriprise Financial Services (CRD #: 6363)
- Wells Fargo Advisors (CRD #: 19616)
- G. Edwards & Sons (CRD #: 4)
- Anchor National Financial Services (CRD #: 5774)
- Edward Jones (CRD #: 250)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Randyl Taber and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who have lost money following broker fraud or misconduct. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to restore your lost funds and get your financial future back on track.