Ned Lubell Faces Unsuitable Investment Allegations
Ned Lubell (CRD#: 2449026), a broker registered with UBS Financial Services Inc., is facing allegations of unsuitable investment recommendations. This information is from Ned Lubell’s BrokerCheck record, accessed on March 26, 2022. You can find more information below about Ned Lubell’s conduct as a broker.
Unsuitable Investment Allegations
On February 9, 2022, an investor alleged that from January 2012 to January 2022, Ned Lubell recommended unsuitable and esoteric structured products and notes without adequate warnings and details. The investor is seeking $99,000; the dispute is pending.
What is an Unsuitable Investment?
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must examine the investor’s profile, which contains the following investor characteristics:
- Financial goals
- Risk tolerance
- Time horizon (i.e., how long the investor plans to hold the investment)
- Investing experience
- Tax status
Prior Investor Dispute
On September 18, 2018, an investor alleged that Ned Lubell placed him in structured products without explaining the characteristics of the investments and confirming the long-term investment objective and potential liquidity requirements. The firm denied the dispute, but investors should know that firms can deny disputes without any external review. Investors should know that they can still pursue FINRA arbitration and recover their losses following a denial.
Ned Lubell has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 – Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 10 – General Securities Sales Supervisor – General Module Examination
- Series 9 – General Securities Sales Supervisor – Options Module Examination
Ned Lubell is registered as a broker in 27 states, Washington, D.C., and the Virgin Islands. He is a registered investment adviser in Colorado, Florida, and Texas.
He has worked for the following firms:
- Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. (CRD #: 2525)
- DB Alex. Brown LLC (CRD #: 17790)
- Brown & Sons Incorporated (CRD #: 20)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Ned Lubell and have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.