Investor Alleges Nathaniel Abney Executed Unsuitable Transactions
Nathaniel Abney (CRD #: 4903661), a broker registered with Fifth Third Securities, allegedly executed unsuitable transactions, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on February 7, 2023. If you want to know more about his alleged conduct as a broker, read on.
On October 5, 2022, a guardian for an investor alleged that Nathaniel Abney executed the unsuitable sale of an equity position and purchase of an annuity. They seek $350,000 in damages in this pending dispute.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to take into account investors’ financial goals when recommending investments. Brokers must consult an investor’s profile, which describes their tax status, age, risk tolerance, and other characteristics.
Investors who rely on brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses by pursuing FINRA arbitration.
Nathaniel Abney has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
Nathaniel Abney is a registered broker in 18 states and a registered investment adviser in Ohio.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Key Investment Services (CRD#:136300)
- Fifth Third Securities (CRD #: 628)
- The Huntington Investment Company (CRD#:16986)
- PNC Investments (CRD#:129052)
- NatCity Investments (CRD#:17490)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Nathaniel Abney and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.