Investors Allege Michael Osland Recommended Unsuitable Investments
Michael Osland (CRD #: 1791642), a broker registered with Geneos Wealth Management, allegedly recommended unsuitable investments, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on January 26, 2022. Read on to learn more about his alleged conduct as a broker.
On November 15, 2022, an investor alleged that Michael Osland made unsuitable investment recommendations between December 2016 and February 2018, as well as engaging in other misconduct. The client seeks $150,000 in damages in this pending dispute.
On December 6, 2017, an investor filed a dispute alleging, among other things, that Michael Osland gave unsuitable investment recommendations from 2008-2017. The client sought $350,000 in damages and received a settlement of $125,000.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to recommend securities that adequately fit an investor’s financial goals. Brokers must examine the information contained in an investor’s profile, such as their risk tolerance, tax status, and age.
Investors who rely on their broker for recommendations may be able to recoup their losses by pursuing FINRA arbitration.
Michael Osland has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 – Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
Michael Osland is a registered broker in 32 states and a registered investment adviser in Arizona and Texas.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Michael John Osland (CRD#:114462)
- AIG Financial Advisors (CRD#:133763)
- SunAmerica Securities (CRD#:20068)
- Anchor National Financial Services (CRD#:5774)
- Royal Alliance Associates (CRD#:23131)
- Integrated Resources Equity Corporation (CRD#:6403)
- Sentra Securities Corporation (CRD#:10249)
- Advantage Capital (CRD#:146)
- SME Capital Management (CRD#:148)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Michael Osland and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.