Michael Napolitano Involved in Investor Dispute Alleging Misrepresentation
Michael Napolitano (CRD #:4157999), a broker registered with American Capital Partners, is involved in an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record accessed on February 20, 2022.
On November 29, 2021, Michael Napolitano was named in an investor dispute alleging misrepresentation and failure to conduct reasonable due diligence. The investor is seeking $350,000一the case is still pending.
What is a Misrepresentation?
Misrepresentation is a common problem in the securities industry. It usually occurs when an investment broker makes false or misleading statements about a financial product in an effort to persuade their customer to invest.
Misrepresentations and omissions concerning material facts in investment recommendations deprive investors of the information they need to assess risks associated with a particular investment.
You may pursue a FINRA arbitration claim against a brokerage firm or its broker if:
- The broker intentionally made inaccurate statements or failed to disclose the material facts regarding the investment.
- The broker made unrealistic projections for future yields.
- The broker intentionally failed to conduct adequate due diligence concerning the investment.
FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits brokerage firms and stockbrokers from making material misrepresentations or inducing people into buying investments with false statements about their potential benefits.
Losses that can be attributed to a stockbroker’s material misrepresentations of facts may result in a viable securities arbitration claim for damages.
Michael Napolitano has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
Michael Napolitano is a registered broker in 25 states.
Besides American Capital Partners, Michael Napolitano has also worked with the following firms:
- Oppenheimer & Co. (CRD#:249)
- Whitaker Securities (Crd#:121465)
- Granite Associates (CRD#:46682)
- Ladenburg, Thalmann & Co. (CRD#:505)
- Ladenburg Capital Management (CRD#:14623)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Michael Napolitano and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Please reach out if you have any questions about what steps to take next to recover your investment losses.