Michael Chandler Embroiled in Investor Dispute Following Overconcentration Allegations
Michael Chandler (CRD #: 2696470), a broker and investment advisor registered with Infinex Investments, is involved in an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed April 12, 2022.
On January 27, 2022, Michael Chandler was named in an investor dispute after allegedly over-concentrating an illiquid investment without conducting appropriate due diligence. The investor is seeking $100,001ーthe case is still pending.
Overconcentration is a Violation of FINRA Rule 2111
Overconcentration occurs when a broker concentrates an investor’s portfolio in one security or sector, exposing the investment portfolio to an inappropriate degree of risk which can lead to significant losses.
Suitable investments are defined in FINRA Rule 2111 as securities that fit an investor’s profile. A broker must have conducted due diligence and have reasonable grounds to believe that an investment will also be suitable to the investor. An investment strategy might be unsuitable if the securities are over-concentrated in a particular stock or sector.
Michael Chandler has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
Michael Chandler is a registered broker in nine states. He is also a registered investment advisor in Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi.
Besides Infinex Investments, Michael Chandler has also worked with the following firms:
- Bancorpsouth Investment Services (CRD#:46259)
- Raymond James Financial Services Advisors (CRD#:149018)
- The Strategic Financial AlliancE (CRD#:126514)
- Multi-Financial Securities Corporation (CRD#:10299)
- IFG Network Securities (CRD#:19948)
- Triad Advisors (CRD#:25803)
- PFIC Securities Corporation (CRD#:34941)
- Trustmark Financial Services (CRD#:29707)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Michael Chandler and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.