Mauricio Rubio Fired from Alterna Securities Following Allegedly Firm Policy Violations
Mauricio Rubio (CRD #: 1551350), a broker formerly registered with Alterna Securities, was fired from the firm, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on January 17, 2023. If you want to know more about his alleged conduct as a broker, read on.
Termination from Alterna Securities
On November 14, 2022, Alterna Securities fired Mauricio Rubio for allegedly failing to follow firm policies and procedures with regard to the sale of a structured product, and allegedly failing to complete certain training courses by the deadline.
FINRA Rule 2010
FINRA Rule 2010 holds brokers to high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade.
What are structured products?
Structured products are complex investments that combine a bond and a derivative. Investors’ returns are dependent on the performance of the derivative component—examples of which include forwards, options, and swaps.
Regulatory Action by Florida Office of Financial Regulation
On July 12, 2017, the Florida Office of Financial Regulation alleged that Mauricio Rubio failed to complete the registration process before the deadline. Mauricio Rubio’s registration was denied.
Mauricio Rubio has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
He previously worked for the following firms:
- Alterna Securities (CRD#:41139)
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith (CRD#:7691)
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (CRD#:149777)
- Citigroup Global Markets (CRD#:7059)
- Hapoalim Securities USA (CRD#:266)
- Stanford Group Company (CRD#:39285)
- Prudential Securities (CRD#:7471)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Mauricio Rubio and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.