Matt Smith of Merrill Lynch Involved in Allegations of Unsuitable Recommendations
Matt Smith (CRD #: 6112937), a broker registered with Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith in Birmingham, Alabama, is involved in an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 19, 2021.
On June 14, 2021, an investor alleged that Matt Smith of Merrill Lynch recommended unsuitable investments. FINRA Rule 2111 states that brokers are only allowed to recommend “suitable” investments – i.e., investments that fit the investor’s risk tolerance and financial goals.
Matt Smith Background Information
Smith has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 9 General Securities Sales Supervisor – Options Module Examination
- Series 10 General Securities Sales Supervisor – General Module Examination
He is a registered broker in all 50 states as well as D.C. and Puerto Rico. He is a registered investment adviser in Alabama and Texas.
Smith has only worked with Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner, & Smith (CRD #: 7691)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Matt Smith and you have concerns about the suitability of your investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 212-658-1502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.