Investors Allege Mark Williams Recommended High-Risk, Unsuitable Investments
Mark Williams (CRD #: 4061842), a broker registered with Kingswood Capital Partners, is involved in two pending investor disputes, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on May 4, 2022. Keep reading if you have questions about Mark Williams’s conduct as a broker.
In a dispute filed on April 5, 2022, an investor alleges that Mark Williams recommended unsuitable and high-risk investments between May 2019 and late 2021. This dispute is currently pending.
Another pending dispute filed on March 21, 2022, alleges that Mark Williams recommended an investmen that was high-risk, speculative, and illiquid. The investor seeks $100,000 in damages.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must examine the investor’s profile, which contains the following investor characteristics:
- Financial goals
- Risk tolerance
- Time horizon (i.e., how long the investor plans to hold the investment)
- Investing experience
- Tax status
Investors can recover money lost through unsuitable investment recommendations by seeking out FINRA arbitration.
Mark Williams has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
Mark Williams is a registered broker in 12 states and a registered investment adviser in California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Forta Financial Group (CRD#:28784)
- Centaurus Financial (CRD#:30833)
- J P Turner & Company Capital Management (CRD#:124446)
- J.P. Turner & Company (CRD#:43177)
- QA3 Financial Corporation (CRD#:14754)
- QA3 Financial LLC (CRD#:104957)
- NCW Advisory Services (CRD#:132676)
- FSC Securities (CRD#:7461)
- Advantage Capital (CRD#:146)
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith (CRD#:7691)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Mark Williams and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.