Kevin Carroll Subject of FINRA Investigation
Kevin Carroll (CRD #: 3124942), a former broker, is under investigation by FINRA, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on April 25, 2022. Keep reading to learn more about Kevin Carroll’s conduct as a broker.
On January 7, 2022, FINRA opened an investigation into Kevin Carroll regarding allegations raised during his termination from LPL Financial the year prior. This investigation is currently ongoing.
Discharge from LPL Financial
Kevin Carroll was fired from LPL Financial on July 21, 2021, following allegations he engaged in unauthorized trading in clients’ accounts.
FINRA Rule 3260
FINRA Rule 3260 requires brokers to obtain written approval from clients before exercising their own discretion in trading. Firms must also accept the account for discretionary trading.
On February 17, 2021, Kevin Carroll became the subject of a civil judgment for $732,673.4.
Kevin Carroll has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 - Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- SIE - Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 - General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 - General Securities Principal Examination
He previously worked for the following firms:
- Buell Securities (CRD#:1342)
- LPL Financial (CRD#:6413)
- Wells Fargo Clearing Services (CRD#:19616)
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith (CRD#:7691)
- Citigroup Global Markets (CRD#:7059)
- Banc of America Investment Services (CRD#:16361)
- Quick & Reilly (CRD#:11217)
- Advest (CRD#:10)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Kevin Carroll and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.