Julia McGinnis Allegedly Misrepresented an Investment
Julia McGinnis (CRD #: 1696305), a broker registered with Cetera Investment Services, is involved in an investor dispute, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on March 1, 2021.
On November 18, 2021, an investor alleged that Julia McGinnis misrepresented an investment. The dispute was denied, but investors should know that firms can deny an investment without an external review. Investors can still recover their losses following a denial.
What is Misrepresentation?
Brokers are required to inform investors of all the material facts related to an investment. Material facts are any facts that might affect an investor’s decision to purchase a security, including any risks. They must also provide information about any potential fees or tax consequences. Failure to disclose this information is a violation of FINRA Rule 2020. Rule 2020 also prohibits omitting any material facts.
Julia McGinnis has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products / Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 26 Investment Company Products /Variable Contracts Principal Examination
She is a registered broker in seven states and is a registered investment adviser in Washington.
Julia McGinnis has worked for the following firms:
- Cetera Investment Services (CRD #: 15340)
- Cetera Investment Advisers (CRD #: 105644)
- JP Morgan Securities (CRD #: 79)
- Chase Investment Services (CRD #: 25574)
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith (CRD #: 7691)
- Banc Investment Services (CRD #: 16361)
- BA Investment Services (CRD #: 12965)
- Seafirst Investment Services (CRD #: 17411)
- Essex National Securities (CRD #: 25454)
- Liberty Securities Corporation (CRD #: 14416)
- GAF Financial and Insurance Services (CRD #: 14123)
- PAMCO Securities and Insurance Services (CRD #: 11028)
- GNA Securities (CRD #: 10465)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Julia McGinnis and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who have lost money following broker fraud or misconduct. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to restore your lost funds and get your financial future back on track.