Joseph LaScala Subject of FINRA Allegations Regarding Unauthorized Trades
Joseph LaScala (CRD #: 3070261), a broker registered with Aegis Capital Corp, is the subject of a FINRA investigation, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on September 7, 2021. FINRA alleges that Joseph LaScala engaged in unauthorized trading – more details are provided below.
On July 28, 2021, FINRA made a preliminary determination to recommend disciplinary action be brought against Joseph LaScala. FINRA alleges he violated FINRA Rules 2111 and 2010 by executing unauthorized and excessive trades. FINRA further alleged that he entered into an undisclosed agreement with his investor to prevent them from reporting his unauthorized and excessive trading.
Settled Investor Disputes
There are also two settled investor disputes that allege Joseph LaScala executed excessive, unsuitable trades. Investors collectively settled these disputes for $36,250.
Joseph LaScala has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 4 Registered Options Principal Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in 20 states and is a registered investment adviser in California.
He has registered with the following firms:
- Aegis Capital Corp (CRD #: 15007)
- Paulson Investment Company (CRD #: 5670)
- Gunnallen Financial (CRD # 17609)
- Investec Ernst & Company (CRD #: 266)
- Royce Investment Group (CRD #: 10494)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Joseph LaScala and you have concerns about your investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 877-600-0098 or email email@example.com.