Joseph Dugan Allegedly Executed Unauthorized Sale of Client’s Stock
Joseph Dugan (CRD #: 1412880), a broker registered with Morgan Stanley, allegedly executed an unauthorized trade, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 4, 2022. If you want to know more about his conduct as a broker, read on.
On September 15, 2022, an investor alleged that Joseph Dugan executed an unauthorized sale of his shares of Exxon stock in 2021. This dispute is currently pending.
FINRA Rule 3260
FINRA Rule 3260 prohibits brokers from conducting discretionary trading outside discretionary accounts. These accounts must be pre-approved for discretionary trading by the firm and the client.
FINRA Rule 2010
FINRA Rule 2010 holds brokers to high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade.
Joseph Dugan has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 – Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
Joseph Dugan is a registered broker in 27 states and the District of Columbia. He is also a registered investment adviser in Missouri, New Jersey, and Texas.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Morgan Stanley & Company (CRD#:8209)
- Morgan Stanley DW (CRD#:7556)
- First Investors (CRD#:305)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Joseph Dugan and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.