John Wilson Allegedly Invested Client’s Funds Without Permission
John Wilson (CRD #: 2364304), a broker registered with Cetera Investment Services, was the subject of a recent investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on October 17, 2022. If you want to learn more about his conduct as a broker, keep reading.
On July 1, 2022, an investor alleged that John Wilson invested money into an annuity without the client’s knowledge or permission. This dispute was denied by the firm.
Investors should be aware, however, that firms can deny disputes without an outside review, and investors can still seek out FINRA arbitration following a denial.
FINRA Rule 3260
FINRA Rule 3260 restricts brokers from conducting discretionary trading outside of pre-approved discretionary accounts. The investor and firm must both provide authorization for an account before discretionary trading can occur.
John Wilson has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 53 – Municipal Securities Principal Examination
- Series 4 – Registered Options Principal Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
John Wilson is a registered broker in 14 states and a registered investment adviser in North Carolina.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- PNC Investments (CRD#:129052)
- Strategic Advisers (CRD#:104555)
- Fidelity Brokerage Services (CRD#:7784)
- LPL Financial (CRD#:6413)
- Wells Fargo Advisors (CRD#:19616)
- MetLife Investors Distribution Company (CRD#:107622)
- SunTrust Investment Services (CRD#:17499)
- Wachovia Securities (CRD#:19616)
- Citicorp Investment Services (CRD#:23988)
- Edward Jones (CRD#:250)
- Dean Witter Reynolds (CRD#:7556)
- Wells Fargo Securities (CRD#:17438)
- Chase Manhattan Investment Services (CRD#:25574)
- Prudential Securities (CRD#:7471)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with John Wilson and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.