John Lewis Subject of Options Trading Dispute
John Lewis (CRD #: 1828788), a broker registered with Truist Investment Services, is facing an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 28, 2023. Keep reading for more detail.
On May 10, 2023, an investor alleged that they had requested John Lewis purchase options when they in fact wanted 1,000 underlying shares. John Lewis allegedly purchased 1,000 contracts. The dispute is pending.
There is one other settled investor dispute on John Lewis’s record.
Options trading offers investors the chance to make money by correctly forecasting whether a stock will increase or decrease in price. Options contracts comprise underlying shares of stocks. These are speculative investments that are not suitable for many investors.
John Lewis has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 52 Municipal Securities Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in 37 states and D.C. He is a registered investment adviser in Texas and Virginia.
John Lewis has registered with the following firms:
- BB&T Securities (CRD #: 142785)
- Morgan Stanley (CRD #: 149777)
- CitiGroup Global Markets (CRD #: 7059)
- Suntrust Investment Services (CRD #: 17499)
- Suntrust Capital Markets (CRD #: 6271)
- UBS Painewebber (CRD #: 8174)
- Smith Barney (CRD #: 7059)
- Lehman Brothers (CRD #: 7506)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with John Lewis and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.