John Hinck Allegedly Recommended Unsuitable Investments
John Hinck (CRD #: 1654350), a broker formerly registered with Centaurus Financial, allegedly made unsuitable investment recommendations, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on June 11, 2022. If you have questions about John Hinck’s conduct as a broker, read on.
Alleged Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
On April 25, 2022, an investor alleged that John Hinck recommended illiquid and unsuitable investments between February 2008 and September 2014. The client seeks $80,000 in this pending dispute.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to recommend investments that fit their clients’ investment goals. Brokers must consider the information in investors’ profiles, such as their age, risk tolerance, and investment goals, when making recommendations.
Investors may be able to recover losses caused by unsuitable investment recommendations by seeking out FINRA arbitration.
John Hinck has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Centaurus Financial (CRD#:30833)
- AXA Advisors (CRD#:6627)
- The Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States (CRD#:4039)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with John Hinck and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.