John Butler Embroiled in Investor Dispute Alleging Misrepresentation
John Butler (CRD #:2689182), a broker registered with Pruco Securities, is involved in an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record accessed on March 20, 2022. He is also an investment advisor registered with Prudential Financial Planning Services.
On January 14, 2022, John Butler was named in an investor dispute alleging misrepresentation concerning the misuse or misappropriation of funds. The case is still pending.
FINRA Rule 2010
Misrepresentation is a common problem in the securities industry. It usually occurs when an investment broker makes false or misleading statements about a financial product in an effort to persuade their customer to invest.
The following can be considered as misrepresentation or omission:
- Inadequate due diligence concerning security offerings
- Failure to disclose all material risks
- Failure to disclose all transaction costs
- Unrealistic projections for future returns
Misrepresentations and omissions deprive investors of the information they need to assess risks associated with a particular investment. FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits brokerage firms and stockbrokers from making material misrepresentations or inducing individuals into buying investments with false statements about their potential benefits.
Losses that can be attributed to a stockbroker’s material misrepresentations of facts may result in a viable securities arbitration claim for damages.
John Butler has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
He is a registered broker and investment advisor in Florida.
John Butler has also worked with the following firms:
- Allstate Financial Advisors (CRD#:109524)
- Allstate Financial Services (CRD#:18272)
- Lincoln Financial Securities Corporation (CRD#:3870)
- Woodbury Financial Services (CRD#:421)
- Metlife Securities (CRD#:14251)
- Trans Securities Incorporated (CRD#:102140)
- Merit Capital Associates (CRD #: 30576)
- Transcapital Securities (CRD#:10642)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with John Butler and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Please reach out if you have any questions about what steps to take next to recover your investment losses.