Joel Marks Allegedly Violated Regulation Best Interest
Joel Marks (CRD #: 320209), a broker registered with Ameriprise Financial Services, is facing allegations that he was negligent, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 25, 2023. Keep reading for more details.
On May 19 2023, an investor alleged that Joel Marks engaged in fraud and violated the Virginia Securities Act. The investor further alleged violations of FINRA rules and Regulation Best Interest. The investor is seeking $50,000 in this pending dispute.
Regulation Best Interest
Regulation Best Interest (Reg-BI) is a regulation that requires brokerage firms to put their clients’ best interests first. For example, firms must conduct reasonable due diligence when researching investments to ensure their recommendations are suitable for the investor.
FINRA Rule 2010
FINRA Rule 2010 holds brokers to high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade. Violations of securities rules and regulations also violate FINRA Rule 2010.
Joel Marks has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Series 7TO General Securities Representative Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 1 Registered Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in 10 states and is a registered investment adviser in Texas and Virginia.
Joel Marks has registered with the following firms:
- Cuna Brokerage Services (CRD #: 13941)
- Capital One Advisors (CRD #: 136865)
- Capital One Investing (CRD #: 45744)
- Capital One Financial Advisors (CRD #: 127236)
- Capital One Investment Services (CRD #: 25658)
- USA Financial Securities Corporation (CRD #: 103857)
- Allegheny Investments (CRD #: 7597)
- Franklin Financial Services (CRD #: 5435)
- Princor Financial Services Corporation (CRD #: 1137)
- PML Securities Company (CRD #: 4082)
- Lincoln Financial Advisors Corporation (CRD #: 3978)
- The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company (CRD #: 2580)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Joel Marks and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.