Jim Lineweaver Involved in His First Investor Dispute of 2021
Jim Lineweaver (CRD #:2167805), a registered broker with Triad Advisors, is involved in his first investor dispute in 2021, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 8, 2021. He is also a registered investment advisor with Lineweaver Wealth Advisors.
On August 24, 2021, an investor alleged that Jim Lineweaver recommended unsuitable investments. The investor is seeking $50,000, the case is still pending.
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to take into account their customers’ financial profiles before recommending trades. A broker must have exercised due diligence in making their recommendation and have an adequate reason for believing that an investment will also be suitable or beneficial for the investor. Investors who rely on their brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses through FINRA arbitration. If a broker violates FINRA Rule 2111, they may be held liable for any investor losses.
Jim Lineweaver has two denied investor disputes on his BrokerCheck record.
- On January 9, 2013, an investor alleged that Jim Lineweaver recommended investments that were unsuitable. The damage amount requested was $121,000.
- On August 9, 2010, an investor alleged that Jim Lineweaver alleged he recommended a non-traded REIT. The investor further claimed that the investment was misrepresented. The damage amount requested was $46,000.
Investors should know that investors can still recover their losses following a denial. Denials indicate that the firm denies their representative engaged in misconduct — they do not indicate a third-party review.
Jim Lineweaver Background Information
Jim Lineweaver has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 - Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 - Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE - Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 - General Securities Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in 17 states and is also a registered investment advisor in three states.
Other than Triad Advisors and Lineweaver Wealth Advisors, Jim Lineweaver has worked with the following firms:
- SPC (CRD#:110692)
- Sigma Financial Corporation (CRD#:14303)
- Financial Management Strategies (CRD#:120818)
- Walnut Street Advisers (CRD#:109903)
- Walnut Street Securities (CRD#:15840)
- Washington Square Securities (CRD#:2882)
- The Paul Revere Variable Annuity Insurance Company (CRD#:647)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Jim Lineweaver and have concerns about your investments, don't hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.