Jeremy Strickler is the Subject of a Million-Dollar Dispute
Jeremy Strickler (CRD #: 3075697), a broker previously registered with Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network, is the subject of an investor dispute. This disclosure appears on his BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 20, 2023.
On October 3, 2023, investors alleged that Jeremy Strickler failed to disclose material information, including conflicts of interest, about an investment. The investors further alleged that the investment was risky, illiquid, and unsuitable.
The investor is seeking $1,115,000.
What is an Unsuitable Investment?
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment strategy fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must examine the investor’s profile, which contains the following investor characteristics:
- Risk tolerance
- Time horizon (i.e., how long the investor plans to hold the investment)
- Investing experience
- Tax status
- Financial goals
What is Regulation Best Interest?
Regulation Best Interest expanded on the requirements of FINRA Rule 2111, which defines suitable investment recommendations. In addition to limiting their recommendations to investments that suit their investors’ needs, brokerage firms must also uphold a Duty of Care, the Conflict of Interest Obligation, and the Disclosure Obligation. These obligations and duties require brokerage firms to disclose conflicts of interest. Firms must also research the market for investments that could offer similar benefits at a lower cost before making a recommendation.
Jeremy Strickler has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products/Variable Contract Representative Examination
- Series 10 General Securities Sales Supervisor – General Module Examination
- Series 9 General Securities Sales Supervisor – Options Module Examination
During his 23 years of experience, he has registered with three firms:
- Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network (CRD #: 11025)
- Raymond James & Associates (CRD #: 705)
- MML Investors Services (CRD #: 10409)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Jeremy Strickler and have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm that exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.