Jeremy Fortner Fired by Wells Fargo Clearing Services
Jeremy Fortner (CRD #: 4811478), a broker registered with Wells Fargo Clearing Services, has been fired by Wells Fargo, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on September 15, 2021. There are three other disputes on his record.
On August 18, 2021, Wells Fargo fired Jeremy Fortner following allegations that borrowed money from two of his clients.
Two investor disputes involve outside businesses. FINRA requires brokers to provide written notification of their outside business activities to their firms. Jeremy Fortner does not have any outside businesses listed on his detailed BrokerCheck report, which is where they appear when a broker notifies their firm.
On August 4, 2021, an investor alleged that Jeremy Fortner solicited his investment in two private outside investments They further alleged that he borrowed money secured by a promissory note and purchased a security without authorization.
On July 19, 2021, an investor alleged that Jeremy Fortner involved him in an outside business activity and a private placement. The investor is seeking to recover the entire investment — $238,000. The dispute is pending.
On June 23, 2021, an investor alleged that they loaned money to Jeremy Fortner and that he has broken the agreement and failed to meet deadlines for repayment. The investor sought $26,000; the dispute settled for $23,250. Brokers are not allowed to borrow money from clients except in a few specific circumstances.
Jeremy Fortner Background Information
Jeremy Fortner has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products / Variable Contracts Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in 13 states and is a registered investment adviser in California.
Jeremy Fortner has worked with the following firms:
- Wells Fargo Clearing Services (CRD #: 19616)
- P. Morgan (CRD #: 79)
- Chase Investment Services (CRD #: 25574)
- P Morgan Institutional Investments (CRD #: 102920)
- Rowe Price Advisory Services (CRD #: 108958)
- MML Investors Services (CRD #: 10409)
- Intersecurities (CRD #: 16164)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Jeremy Fortner and you have concerns about your investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 877-600-0098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.