Jeffrey Schultz Allegedly Recommended Unsuitable Investment Products
Jeffrey Schultz (CRD #: 2332248), a broker registered with Janney Montgomery, is involved in an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on May 24, 2022. If you have concerns about his conduct as a broker, keep reading.
On February 15, 2022, investors alleged that Jeffrey Schultz recommended unsuitable investment products. The clients alleged they were not eligible for the products and that their broker failed to provide adequate assistance to the clients in their attempt to resolve the issue.
The dispute was denied, but investors should know that firms can deny disputes without any external review. Investors can still recover their losses following a denial.
FINRA Rule 2111 defines suitable investments as securities that fit an investor’s profile. An investor’s profile includes information about their risk tolerance, financial goals, and age. Investors who rely on their brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses through FINRA arbitration.
- Investments can be unsuitable because they are high risk and likely to lose money (like alternative investments).
- These requirements apply to the overall investment strategy as well as the investments themselves. For instance, an investment strategy might be unsuitable if the securities are overconcentrated in a particular stock or sector.
Jeffrey Schultz has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
He is registered in all 50 states, D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. He is also a registered investment adviser in Georgia and Texas.
Jeffrey Schultz has registered with the following firms:
- Raymond James & Associates (CRD #: 705)
- Morgan Keegan & Company (CRD #: 4161)
- CitiGroup Global Markets (CRD #: 7059)
- Lehman Brothers (CRD #: 7506)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Jeffrey Schultz and have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors recovering their investment losses from stockbrokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm that exclusively represents investors. We work on a contingency basis, which means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Reach out and we can tell you what steps to take to restore your lost funds.