Jeffrey Morand Allegedly Engaged in Misrepresentation
Jeffrey Morand (CRD #: 728191), a broker registered with Independent Financial Group, is involved in his fifth investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on June 24, 2022. Details of the investor allegations are provided below.
On April 8, 2022, an investor alleged that Jeffrey Morand engaged in common law fraud and common law negligence. He also allegedly engaged in misrepresentation and omissions, in violation of FINRA Rule 2020.
- FINRA Rule 2010 requires brokers to uphold high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade.
- FINRA Rule 2210 requires that brokers’ communications with the public are approved by a firm’s registered principal.
- FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits brokers from omitting or misrepresenting material information about an investment. It also prohibits the use of manipulative or deceptive devices.
Jeffrey Morand has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in 12 states and a registered investment adviser in Colorado and Texas.
- Independent Financial Group (CRD #: 7717)
- Rice Brown Financial Services (CRD #: 148312)
- United Planners’ Financial Services of America (CRD #: 20804)
- Heartland Financial Consultants (CRD #: 113511)
- Securities America (CRD #: 10205)
- ING Financial Partners (CRD #: 2882)
- Pruco Securities (CRD #: 5685)
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America (CRD #: 680)
- LCM Financial Services (CRD #: 25089)
- Integrated Resources Marketing (CRD #: 6546)
- Integrated Resources Equity Corporation (CRD #: 6403)
- Paine, Webber, Jackson & Curtis (CRD #: 8174)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Jeffrey Morand and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.