Jeffrey Kennedy Facing a Half-Million Investor Dispute
Jeffrey Kennedy (CRD #: 5094149), a broker registered with Center Street Securities, allegedly recommended unsuitable investments, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on October 15, 2022. Investors may have also engaged his services through Capital Advisor Network. Keep reading to learn more about his conduct as a broker.
On July 12, 2022, an investor alleged that Jeffrey Kennedy gave unsuitable investment recommendations. The client seeks $500,000 in this pending dispute.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to tailor their investment recommendations to suit investors’ profiles. Brokers must consult an investor’s profile, which contains the following client characteristics:
- Financial goals
- Risk tolerance
- Time horizon (i.e., how long the investor plans to hold the investment)
- Investing experience
- Tax status
Investors who rely on brokers for investment recommendations can pursue FINRA arbitration and potentially recover their losses.
Jeffrey Kennedy has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
Jeffrey Kennedy is a registered broker in 16 states and a registered investment adviser in Illinois.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Center Street Advisors (CRD#:169329)
- Brookstone Capital Management (CRD#:141413)
- The O.N. Equity Sales Company (CRD#:2936)
- Northwestern Mutual Investment Services (CRD#:2881)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Jeffrey Kennedy and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.