Jeffrey Gitterman Racks Up Third Investor Dispute
Jeffrey Gitterman (CRD #: 1910332), a broker registered with Vanderbilt Securities, is involved in an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 26, 2021. Investors may also have engaged Gitterman’s advisory services through Gitterman Wealth Management.
On June 7, 2021, an investor alleged that Jeffrey Gitterman recommended an unsuitable investment. The investor also alleged that Gitterman did not adequately review the securities with his investors.
“Suitability” refers to the FINRA requirement that brokers only recommend investments that suit an investor’s financial goals, risk tolerance, age, and time horizon – among other factors. In order to recommend a suitable investment, the broker should perform their due diligence and fully understand the security they recommend.
Settled Investor Disputes
There are other disputes that mention suitability:
- On February 14, 2020, an investor alleged that Jeffrey Gitterman recommended an unsuitable investment strategy. The investor sought $4,985,679; the dispute settled for $300,000.
- On October 2, 2019, an investor alleged that Gitterman recommended an unsuitable investment and engaged in negligence. The investor sought $220,000; the dispute settled for $55,000.
Jeffrey Gitterman Background Information
Gitterman has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products/ Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in 29 states and a registered investment adviser in Connecticut and New Jersey.
Jeffrey Gitterman has worked for the following firms:
- Vanderbilt Securities (CRD #: 5953)
- Gitterman Wealth Management (CRD #: 153062)
- Triad Advisors (CRD #: 25803)
- ING Financial Advisers (CRD #: 34815)
- Aetna Financial Services (CRD #: 13255)
- The Equitable Life Assurance Society (CRD #: 34815)
- The Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States (CRD #: 4039)
- AXA Advisors (CRD #: 6627)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Jeffrey Gitterman and you have concerns about your investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 212-658-1502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.