Jeffrey Appel Resigns From his Position at Pickwick Capital Partners
Jeffrey Appel (CRD #: 1399452), a broker registered with Stonehaven, was recently permitted to resign from his position at Pickwick Capital Partners, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on December 27, 2021. Details surrounding his resignation have been provided below.
On November 12, 2021, Jeffrey Appel was permitted to resign from his position at Pickwick Capital Partners following allegations that he communicated with a prospective investor on a substantive, business-related matter using text messages in violation of the firm’s policies and procedures.
Financial firms must comply with FINRA record retention requirements to avoid penalties and reputational damage. According to FINRA’s Regulatory Notice 17-18 every firm that intends to communicate or permit its associated persons to communicate, with regard to its business through a text messaging app or chat service, must first ensure that it can retain records of those communications as required by SEC Rules 17a-3 and 17a-4 and FINRA Rule 4511.
By causing his member firm to fail to preserve books and records, Jeffrey Appel’s alleged misconduct violates FINRA Rule 4511, as well as FINRA Rule 2010, which requires that members “observe high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade.”
Jeffrey Appel has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
Jeffrey Appel is a registered broker in New York.
Jeffrey Appel has also worked with the following firms:
- Broadband Capital Management (CRD#:48001)
- C & Co/Princeridge (CRD#:149758)
- Cohen & Company Capital Markets (CRD#:144981)
- Ticonderoga Securities (CRD#:7671)
- Merriman Curhan Ford & Co. (CRD#:18296)
- Earlybirdcapital (CRD#:28629)
- Vector Securities International (CRD#:22010)
- Bloom & Company Securities (CRD#:27042)
- Genesis Merchant Group Securities L.P. (CRD#:23857)
- Oppenheimer & Co.,(CRD#:630)
- Gruntal & Co. Incorporated (CRD#:372)
- Smith Barney, Harris Upham & Co., Incorporated (CRD#:7059)
- Salomon Brothers (CRD#:740)
- C.J. Lawrence, Morgan Grenfell (CRD#:2525)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you lost money while working with Jeffrey Appel, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.