Jason Ward Involved in Six-Figure Investor Dispute
Jason Ward (CRD #: 2948162), a registered broker with Ameritas Investment Company, has an investor on his BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 8, 2021. He is also an investment advisor registered with Ameritas Advisory Services. Keep reading for more details if you are concerned about Jason Ward’s conduct as a broker.
Unsuitable Investment Allegations
On August 30, 2021, an investor alleged that Jason Ward recommended unsuitable investments.
The damage amount requested was $100,000. The dispute was denied, but investors should know that they can still pursue FINRA arbitration and recover their losses following a denial.
The disclosure also does not specify the nature of the unsuitable investments, but brokers are required to have a reasonable basis for recommending an investment according to FINRA Rule 2111. Investors who rely on their brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses through FINRA arbitration.
Jason Ward has one regulatory disclosure in his BrokerCheck record:
According to an Acceptance, Waiver, and Consent agreement dated August 13, 2013, Jason Ward consented to the findings that he failed to disclose his involvement in two outside business activities to his member firms. He allegedly stated on a firm outside business activity form that he was not involved in any outside business activity.
You can read a copy of the AWC here.
According to his detailed BrokerCheck record, Jason Ward is involved in the following outside businesses:
- Independent Insurance Agent for the purpose of selling fixed insurance products
- Catalyst Benefits Group
- Group Health Insurance Sales
- Chinowth and Cohen Realtors
- Real Estate Agent
- Concierge Financial Consultants
Jason Ward Background Information
Jason Ward has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 62 – Corporate Securities Limited Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in six states and is a registered investment advisor in Oklahoma and Texas.
Besides Ameritas Investment Company, Jason Ward has worked with the following firm:
- International Assets Investment Management (CRD#:144426)
- International Assets Advisory (CRD#:10645)
- Investment Centers Of America (CRD#:16443)
- Securian Financial Services (CRD#:15296)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Jason Ward and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.