Did Jason Champion Recommend an Unsuitable Investment?
Jason Champion (CRD #: 3093315), a broker and investment advisor registered with MML Investors Services, is involved in an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on March 26, 2022.
According to the allegations filed on December 22, 2021, on or about June 2017, Jason Champion allowed his client’s funds to be invested in a high-risk fund with no liquidity. The firm denied the case.
Firms can deny disputes without any external review; however, investors should know that they can still pursue FINRA arbitration and recover their losses following a denial.
FINRA Rule 2111
Brokers must consider the factors listed below when recommending investments to investors:
- The investor’s current financial state and tax status
- The investor’s financial goals
- The investor’s risk tolerance
- The investor’s liquidity needs (i.e., the amount of time an investor is expected to keep their money in an investment.)
According to FINRA Rule 2111, brokers may be liable for investor unsuitability claims if they fail to take the factors listed above into account. A broker must have exercised due diligence and have an adequate reason for believing that an investment is suitable for the investor.
Make sure you are not being taken advantage of by contacting the securities attorneys at Kurta Law as soon as possible if you believe you lost funds due to unsuitable investment recommendations.
Jason Champion has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in 12 states and is a registered investment advisor in New York and Texas.
Besides MML Investors Services, Jason Champion has also worked with the following firms:
- MSI Financial Services (CRD#:14251)
- Cadaret, Grant & Co. (CRD#:10641)
- Linsco/Private Ledger Corp. (CRD#:6413)
- AXA Advisors (CRD#:6627)
- The Equitable Life Assurance Society Of The United States (CRD#:4039)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Jason Champion and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.