James O’Reilly Barred After Allegedly Failing to Testify in FINRA Investigation
James O’Reilly (CRD #: 2209758), a formally registered broker with Lakeridge Capital in Ontario, Canada, has been barred by FINRA, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 8, 2021. If you have concerns about James O’Reilly’s conduct as a broker, keep reading.
James O’Reilly: FINRA Allegations
According to an Acceptance, Waiver, and Consent agreement dated August 2, 2021, James O’Reilly consented to the findings that he allegedly refused to provide on-the-record testimony requested by FINRA in connection with an investigation into potential undisclosed outside business activities and private securities transactions involving private placement offerings.
The AWC further states that on May 28, 2021, FINRA sent a request to James O’Reilly for on-the-record testimony pursuant to FINRA Rule 8210. James O’Reilly reportedly acknowledged that he received FINRA’s request but refused to appear for on-the-record testimony. By refusing to produce all the information and documents requested in accordance with FINRA Rule 8210, he also violated FINRA Rule 2010.
A violation of FINRA Rule 8210 is also a violation of FINRA Rule 2010, which requires member firms and their associated persons to “observe high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade.”
You can read a copy of the AWC here.
As part of the terms of the AWC, James O’Reilly consented to a bar from associating with any FINRA member in all capacities.
James O’Reilly Background Information
James O’Reilly has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 3 – National Commodity Futures Examination
- Series 55 – Limited Representative-Equity Trader Exam
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
He has worked with the following firms:
- Lakeridge Capital (CRD#:25005)
- Eastgate Securities (CRD#:146671)
- Tor Brokerage (CRD#:135274)
- Dakoy Capital Markets (CRD#:169954)
- Gate US (CRD#:10863)
- Calibrax Capital Partners (CRD#:1409)
- ATM USA (CRD#:137211)
- Hamershlag, Dodeles & Co. (CRD#:2117)
- Andrew, Alexander, Wise & Company Incorporated (CRD#:37710)
- Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. (CRD#:104474)
- Schwab Capital Markets (CRD#:2692)
- M. H. Meyerson & Co. (CRD#:540)
- Robert Todd Financial Corp. (CRD#:7423)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have been victimized after working with James O’Reilly, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.