James Hyland Involved in Investor Dispute
James Hyland (CRD #:1185748), a formerly registered broker, is involved in an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record accessed on February 16, 2022.
According to the allegations filed on December 6, 2021, James Hyland received personal loans from a customer and failed to repay all or part of these loans while employed with MML Investors Services between 2001 to 2015. The case was settled for $620,000.
On January 31, 2020, James Hyland was also fired from his position at Cambridge Investment Research following the same allegations.
A broker may only borrow from or lend to one of their firm's customers if that member firm has written procedures permitting borrowing from customers. If there are written guidelines, the broker in question must follow all of those internal requirements together with the stipulations stated in FINRA Rule 3240, which governs borrowing and lending arrangements between registered members and their member firms' customers.
A violation of FINRA Rule 3240 also constitutes a violation of FINRA Rule 2010, which requires associated persons to observe high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade in the conduct of their business.
James Hyland has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 - Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 - Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE - Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 - General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 22 - Direct Participation Programs Representative Examination
- Series 6 - Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 26 - Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Principal Examination
James Hyland has worked with the following firms:
- Fortune Financial Services (CRD#:42150)
- Cambridge Investment Research (CRD#:39543)
- Ohanesian / Lecours (CRD#:23757)
- MML Investors Services (CRD#:10409)
- Main Street Management Company (CRD#:547)
- Washington National Equity Company (CRD#:4242)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have been victimized after working with James Hyland, don't hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Please reach out if you have any questions about what steps to take next to recover your investment losses.