Henry Chang of Laidlaw Resigns from Morgan Stanley Following Allegations
Henry Chang (CRD #: 4049732), a broker registered with Laidlaw & Company (UK) in Pasadena, California, voluntarily resigned from his position at Morgan Stanley, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 9, 2021. He also has multiple investor disputes on his record.
Resignation from Morgan Stanley
On January 29, 2021, Henry Chang voluntarily resigned from his position at Morgan Stanley following allegations that he was involved in soliciting investments outside of his work for his member firm. FINRA does not allow brokers to sell securities outside of their brokerage. This is called “selling away.”
- Two separate investor disputes allege that Henry Chang engaged in selling away – one dispute from January 8, 2021, and another on October 16, 2020. Both of those disputes are pending.
- On April 12, 2019, an investor alleged that Chang executed unauthorized trades. The dispute was denied. Important note: Firms can deny disputes without undergoing a FINRA review. Denials simply mean that the firm denies its broker engaged in misconduct. Investors can still recover their losses following a denial.
- On March 12, 2008, an investor alleged that Chang misrepresented auction-rate securities. The dispute settled for $75,058.
Henry Chang Background Information
Chang has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examinations
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in California and New York. Chang is also a registered investment adviser in California.
Chang has worked for the following firms:
- Morgan Stanley (CRD #: 149777)
- CitiGroup Global Markets (CRD #: 7059)
- CitiCorp Investment Services (CRD #: 23988)
- WM Financial Services (CRD #: 599)
- Gateway Investment Services (CRD #: 31153)
- Pruco Securities Corporation (CRD #: 5685)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Henry Chang and you have concerns about selling away, contact Kurta Law today. Call 212-658-1502 or email email@example.com.