Investor Seeks $1.45 Million in Dispute with Guy Presutti
Guy Presutti (CRD #: 1196621), a broker registered with Oppenheimer & Company, is the subject of a pending dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on April 28, 2023. Read on if you have questions about his alleged conduct as a broker.
On March 1, 2023, an investor alleged that Guy Presutti recommended an unsuitable investment which resulted in losses. The client further alleged that Guy Presutti engaged in the following:
- Violation of state securities laws
- Violation of Regulation Best Interest
- Breach of contract, including in relation to a third-party beneficiary
The client alleges that this misconduct occurred between July 1, 2021, and August 30, 2022. They seek $1.45 million in damages in this pending dispute.
FINRA Rule 2111 and Regulation Best Interest
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to take investors’ profiles into account when recommending investments. These profiles contain information such as investors’ age, risk tolerance, and tax status.
Regulation Best Interest (Reg-BI) is an SEC regulation that requires brokerage firms to put their clients’ best interests first. For example, firms must conduct reasonable due diligence when researching investments to ensure their recommendations are suitable for the investor.
FINRA Rule 2010
FINRA Rule 2010 holds brokers to high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade.
What is broker negligence?
Brokers may act in many negligent ways, including misrepresenting or omitting material facts, recommending unsuitable investments, or executing unauthorized trades. Investors who feel their losses are the result of broker negligence may be able to recover their funds by pursuing FINRA arbitration.
Guy Presutti has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
Guy Presutti is a registered broker in 26 states and the District of Columbia. He is also a registered investment adviser in Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Texas.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Bear, Stearns & Company (CRD#:79)
- Dean Witter Reynolds (CRD#:7556)
- Lehman Brothers (CRD#:7506)
- Smith Barney, Harris Upham & Company (CRD#:7059)
- First Investors Corporation (CRD#:305)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Guy Presutti and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.