Gregory Paris Subject of SEC “Cherry Picking” Allegations
Gregory Paris (CRD #: 2068204), a broker registered with Barrington Research Associates, is the subject of an SEC complaint, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on August 25, 2021.
On June 28, 2021, the SEC alleged that Gregory Paris and his firm, Barrington Asset Management, engaged in a fraudulent “cherry-picking” scheme. Brokers who cherry-pick will purchase a stock and wait to see if the price goes up or down before deciding whether to keep the securities for themselves. If the price goes up, they place the trade in their account. If it goes down, they place it in a client’s account.
Gregory Paris Background Information
Gregory Paris has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 55 Limited Representative-Equity Trader Exam
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
- Series 27 Financial and Operations Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. He is also a registered investment adviser in Illinois.
During his 31 years of experience, Gregory Paris has only registered with Barrington Research Associates (CRD #: 13820) and Barrington Asset Management (CRD #: 113740)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Gregory Paris and you have concerns about your investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 877-600-0098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.