Gregory Lewis, CEO of StockKings: Did You Lose Money on His Private Placements?
Gregory Lewis (CRD # 2793976), a broker registered with StockKings Capital, is facing a FINRA disciplinary action, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 12, 2021. According to FINRA, Gregory Lewis misled investors when he promised to develop “StockKings,” a platform that would analyze investment portfolios. Gregory Lewis served as the CEO of StockKings Holdings. StockKings is a FINRA member firm, which means that investors may be able to recover some of their losses through FINRA arbitration.
FINRA alleges that Lewis raised $2.7 million in a series of unregistered, private securities offerings from 2015 to 2019. StockKings, however, never materialized. Furthermore, FINRA alleges that Gregory Lewis made false, exaggerated, misleading, and unwarranted claims about StockKings Holdings, StockKing Capital, and StockKings.com. In their Disciplinary Action, FINRA states that Lewis:
- Falsely claimed StockKings had received a patent.
- Overstated the progress StockKings had made toward bringing its platform to market.
- Falsely claimed that StockKings.com was stalled due to a FINRA consultation.
- Made baseless and unwarranted valuation claims and revenue projections.
Gregory Lewis, FINRA alleges, used over $42,000 of StockKings Capital funds to pay for personal expenses and misclassified them as firm expenses.
FINRA’s Department of Enforcement has requested that a panel order Lewis to return his allegedly ill-gotten gains to investors. The regulatory action is pending. You can read a copy of the Disciplinary Action here.
Gregory Lewis: More BrokerCheck Disclosures
Lewis has investor disputes on his record as well as a civil lien.
- On July 1, 2017, Lewis became the subject of a civil lien for $15,500.
- On June 18, 2003, an investor alleged that Lewis engaged in unauthorized trading. The investor sought $82,216; the dispute settled for $24,999.
- On October 3, 2001, an investor alleged that Gregory Lewis misrepresented certain securities. The investor sought $1,086,000; the dispute settled for $125,000.
Gregory Lewis Background Information
Lewis has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in six states.
During his 23 years in the securities industry, Lewis has worked for the following firms:
- StockKings Capital (CRD #: 164445)
- Caldwell International Securities (CRD #: 104323)
- John Thomas Financial (CRD #: 40982)
- Pointe Capital (CRD #: 112097)
- Investors Capital Corp. (CRD #: 30613)
- Sloan Securities Corp. (CRD #: 17930)
- Aura Financial Services (CRD #: 42822)
- LH Ross & Company (CRD #: 37920)
- Continental Broker-Dealer Corp. (CRD #: 14048)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Gregory Lewis and you have concerns about your purchase of StockKings private placements, contact Kurta Law today. Call 212-658-1502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.