Greg Hanshew Indefinitely Suspended from FINRA
Greg Hanshew (CRD #: 2624600), a former broker, has been suspended by FINRA, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on May 9, 2022. Keep reading to learn more about Greg Hanshew’s conduct as a broker.
FINRA Investigation and Suspension
A FINRA complaint filed on March 15, 2022, alleges Greg Hanshew failed to respond to requests for information and documents in conjunction with a FINRA investigation.
The investigation concerned allegations that Greg Hanshew committed multiple sales practice violations involving elderly investors and failed to disclose outside business activities, judgments, and liens while associated with Infinity Financial Services.
In the course of that investigation, FINRA requested that Greg Hanshew provide information and documents regarding the following:
- His facilitating receipt and/or distribution of funds with various individuals and entities
- Lending arrangements and communications with investors
- Outside business activities
- Financial accounts and tax returns
- His Internet Protocol address(es) and Internet Service Providers
- Certain judgments and liens
Greg Hanshew was suspended on October 8, 2021, following his failure to respond to requests for information, in accordance with FINRA Rules 8210 and 9552.
Typically, FINRA Rule 9552 calls for a temporary suspension to be converted into a bar from associating with FINRA members if a broker fails to request a termination of the suspension within three months.
However, FINRA opted not to bar Greg Hanshew, instead choosing to suspend him indefinitely until he complies with requests for information and submits a request for termination of the suspension.
FINRA Rules 8210 and 9552
FINRA Rule 8210 requires FINRA members to provide any records or testimony requested in the course of a FINRA investigation. Rule 9552 penalizes members who fail to respond to requests for information (or fail to keep their records up to date) by instituting a three-month suspension from FINRA.
Outside Business Activities
Greg Hanshew has one business activity listed in the Outside Business section of his detailed BrokerCheck report. He worked as an independent contractor conducting insurance sales.
Greg Hanshew’s suspension began on October 8, 2021, and will continue indefinitely. You can read the full FINRA complaint here.
Resignation from Infinity Financial Services
On May 3, 2016, Greg Hanshew was permitted to resign from Infinity Financial Services following allegations he stored photocopies of client records, instead of the originals, at his branch.
Greg Hanshew has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 - Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE - Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 - General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 - Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 24 - General Securities Principal Examination
In the past, he has worked for the following firms:
- Infinity Financial Services (CRD#:144302)
- CIM Securities (CRD#:120852)
- Hanson McClain Securities (CRD#:103747)
- Valic Financial Advisors (CRD#:42803)
- First Financial Equity Corporation (CRD#:16507)
- National Planning Corporation (CRD#:29604)
- LPL Financial (CRD#:6413)
- Walnut Street Securities (CRD#:15840)
- American Express Financial Advisors (CRD#:6363)
- IDS Life Insurance Company (CRD#:6321)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Greg Hanshew and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.