Grant Birkley Barred for Failing to Cooperate with a FINRA Investigation
Grant Birkley (CRD #: 2933533), a broker most recently registered with Sagepoint Financial, has been barred by FINRA, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 2, 2021. The bar stems from previous investor allegations and Birkley’s failure to cooperate with a FINRA investigation.
Grant Birkley: Did He Sell You Unapproved Products?
On August 31, 2020, an investor alleged that Grant Birkley was inappropriately involved in the sale of an unapproved product. The investor is seeking $1,430,000; the dispute is pending.
Following these 2020 allegations, on June 4, 2021, Birkley consented to a FINRA bar following allegations that he had refused to produce information and documents. FINRA was investigating his firm’s disclosure that he had made referrals to an outside asset manager without the firm’s approval.
Alleged Recommendations of an Unapproved Fund
- On August 19, 2020, SagePoint fired Grant Birkley following allegations that he recommended an inappropriate fund that the firm had not approved. FINRA refers to this practice as “selling away.”
- On August 13, 2020, an investor alleged that Birkley recommended an inappropriate fund. He is seeking $900,000; the dispute is pending.
Outside Business Activities
It’s important to note that Grant Birkley is involved in outside businesses. According to his detailed BrokerCheck record, he has worked as an insurance agent with The NBB Group and is affiliated with Nature, LLC. If Birkley solicited you for an investment in one of these outside businesses, you should contact a securities lawyer.
Grant Birkley Background Information
Grant Birkley has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
He has registered with the following firms:
- SagePoint Financial (CRD #: 133763)
- Wells Fargo Clearing Services (CRD #: 19616)
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith (CRD #: 7691)
- Shepherd Financial Group (CRD #: 38689)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Grant Birkley and you have concerns about your investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 212-658-1502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.