Gary Chang Terminated by Morgan Stanley Following Allegations of Misappropriation
Gary Chang (CRD #: 2922898), also known as Chingyuan Chang, has been fired by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, following allegations. This is according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on September 8, 2022. Keep reading for more detail on his termination.
Morgan Stanley Termination
According to a termination filed on July 12, 2022, Gary Chang was fired from Morgan Stanley Smith Barney. The firm alleged that Gary Chang misappropriated funds from client accounts.
FINRA Rules and Regulations
FINRA Rule 2150 prohibits brokers from making “improper use of a customer’s funds.” This rule prevents brokers from making unauthorized withdrawals from an investor’s account and also prohibits brokers from sharing in an investor’s profits and losses. Misappropriation is also sometimes referred to as “conversion.”
Violations of FINRA Rule 2150 are automatic violations of FINRA Rule 2010, which states that brokers must uphold high stands of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade.
Gary Chang has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
He has worked for the following firms:
- Morgan Stanley (CRD #: 149777)
- Cetera Investment Services (CRD #: 15340)
- Primevest Financial Services (CRD #: 15340)
- Sinopac Financial Services (USA) Ltd. CRD #: 106464)
- PCI*Trade Securities (CRD #: 40650)
- ASI Investments (CRD #: 47780)
- Milestone Financial Services (CRD #: 43295)
- Bestrade Inc. (CRD #: 43173)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Gary Chang and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.